We have an opportunity for an Apprentice Web Developer to join our growing team, either remotely or based at our Norwich or Birmingham offices (when such things are possible again).
This role is an ideal entry point for someone looking to start their career in web development. We’re extremely focused on training and progression, and are looking for someone to grow with us as a business. While this is an accredited apprenticeship, we’re hiring with a view for permanent employment once it’s completed.
This is also an excellent opportunity to become a specialist in eCommerce at a time when the industry is expanding rapidly, as well as to work on a mix of projects for brands based across Europe, the US and Asia.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Creating and editing user interfaces using frontend languages across a range of different eCommerce platforms
- Using Git/GitHub for version control
- Using tools such as ESLint to maintain code quality across the team
- Testing websites across different browsers
- Writing end to end tests using tools such as Cypress.io
- Creating user documentation for team and clients on new site builds
- Auditing sites to improve performance
The successful candidate will also have strong communication and time management skills, as well as an enthusiasm for learning, both independently and as part of the apprenticeship program.
And now, a little bit about us: Blink is an eCommerce-focused digital marketing agency that was founded in 2011. We’re small but extremely ambitious, and have delivered successful projects for a wide range of clients.
We also work extremely hard to provide the best environment possible for our employees, and offer a range of important benefits.
- For this role, each Friday is dedicated to off-the-job training. The aim here is to provide the time and resources to make this apprenticeship a success. If enough eligible training has already been completed throughout the week, then this time can be taken off altogether. Once the apprenticeship is complete, this would convert to a four day week in line with the rest of the business.
- Wellbeing is very important to us. This is not just a loose idea or phrase that we use when we feel like it – it’s essential to both our identity and our longer term goals as we grow. All our team have individual wellbeing budgets and access to a dedicated wellbeing platform. This can be used to buy anything from workout equipment to craft materials, as well as provide a large resource of apps, videos and other content related to wellbeing.
- We also have an in-house wellbeing officer who provides practical support and guidance where necessary.
- We pay careful attention to career growth and development. We hold bi-monthly training sessions with industry experts that help us stay on top of emerging trends and build skills throughout the team. Feedback and collaboration are also a constant part of our daily routine.
- Our primary office is located in the Norwich city centre, and has a breakout space with table tennis, standing desks, showers and other various amenities. There’s also a selection of the best office dogs ever (although we may be biased here).
Salary: Up to £18,000 per year
If you’d like to apply, please send a covering email, CV and portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch
Have a problem that Blink can help with? Let us know more about your project below and we’ll be in contact as soon as we can.