Our team is continuing to grow at Blink, and we’re now on the hunt for a Data Scientist, either remotely or based at our Norwich office. We’re open to hybrid or flexible working too – the important thing for us is to find the right person, no matter where they may be based.
This is a new role, and the successful applicant will be responsible for pioneering a new data strategy for both the agency and our clients, as well developing new internal tools and processes.
The candidate chosen will have good technical data manipulation skills (Python or R in particular), and the ability to carry out detailed visualisation and reporting. Other desirable Python skills include the following, as well as the relevant R equivalents.
Ideally some experience with Google Analytics and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) would be beneficial, as would a familiarity with SEO tools such as Google Search Console and SEMrush.
Here are a few examples of the kind of projects that we are looking to support:
• Building new automation processes to support the SEO team
• Using data to identify opportunities to improve SEO performance across a range of client projects
• Applying forecasting techniques to aid content optimisation
• Leading our analytics and reporting activity
Above all however, we are keen to bring on board a creative and enthusiastic thinker that is eager to find new and innovative ways to solve problems. We encourage any applicants to send in a portfolio of projects – even if this is just examples of Jupyter Notebooks working through Kaggle problems.
This is also an excellent opportunity to become a specialist in eCommerce at a time when the industry is expanding rapidly, as well as to work on a mix of projects for brands based across Europe, the US and Asia.
Working at Blink
In case you aren’t familiar with us, Blink is an eCommerce-focused digital marketing agency that was founded in 2001. We’re small but extremely ambitious, and have delivered successful projects for a wide range of clients. There are also a few important benefits to joining us:
· We’re very proud of our company culture. We put our people first, and we’ve invested a lot of effort and resources into making Blink the best possible place to work. As a result, we’ve been rewarded with a team that are positive, welcoming and share our vision for the business.
· To find out more about what it’s like to be a part of our team, see our Glassdoor page.
· We work a 4 day week. Our hours are Monday to Thursday, 9-6pm, and home and flexible working options are always available. We’ve kept to this process for several years now and we know it works for both our team and the company as a whole.
· Remote working is an option. Being based within reach of our Norwich office would be an advantage, but we’re open to remote applicants from across the UK. Most of our team are largely working from home and we have no plans to change this now.
· Wellbeing is very important to us. This is not just a loose idea or phrase that we use when we feel like it. It’s essential to both our identity and our longer term goals as we grow. All our team have individual wellbeing budgets and access to a dedicated wellbeing platform. This can be used to buy anything from workout equipment to craft materials, as well as providing a large resource of apps, videos and other content related to wellbeing.
· We also have an in-house wellbeing officer, who provides practical support and guidance where necessary.
· We run a profit share scheme. After six months of employment, you’ll be eligible for a monthly bonus. This is not performance related – instead, we want everybody to share in the rewards of the business as a whole.
· We pay careful attention to career growth and development. We hold fortnightly training sessions with industry experts that help us stay on top of emerging trends and build skills throughout the team, while feedback and collaboration is a constant part of our daily routine.
· Our office is located in the city centre, and has a breakout space with table tennis, standing desks, showers and other various amenities. There’s also a selection of the best office dogs ever (although we may be biased here).
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch
Have a problem that Blink can help with? Let us know more about your project below and we’ll be in contact as soon as we can.